Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Hades sucks, thus far!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Immigration attorney Andrea Martinez says that while trying to drop off a 3-year-old Honduran boy to reunite with his mother before the pair were deported back to the country from which they fled, an ICE officer pushed her to the ground, fracturing her foot. She says the officer then detained her in an office for an hour before allowing her to seek medical treatment. [The Daily Beast]
- Here is a tiny, evil bean spouting the words “lunatic fringe” to describe, improbably, people other than himself. [NBC News]
- So where are we at on that immigration deal? [Politico]
- Hark! A new, different bad man has arrived on the scene. [Washington Post]
- Can Michael Bloomberg stop? [CBS]
- “In more than 20 of the most competitive House races of 2018, the share of Democrats voting in primaries notably increased, compared with 2014.” [New York Times]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.