Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Every single picture of Devin Nunes looks like that?
- I get that it’s objectively important news that elected members of Congress, in apparent conjunction with the White House, are using a misleading and still-mysterious 3-page memo to wage war on the FBI and ultimately Robert Mueller in an attempt to shield the president from accountability—and, most recently, that the FBI is pushing back, meaning our chief law enforcement agency and our Executive Branch are once again at odds in a very not-democratic sort of way. I do get that. It’s just that if I have to read about this freaking scandal one more time I’m going to actually scream. [New York Times]
- Brenda Fitzgerald, the director of the CDC, has stepped down amid reports that she invested in the fucking tobacco industry and other pretty clearly conflicting companies belonging to the HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY. [New York Times]
- A train carrying members of Congress to a GOP retreat hit a garbage truck today, killing the truck’s driver. [Politico]
- I had kind of forgotten about Ben Carson? [Washington Post]
- Despite Trump’s interest in “clean, beautiful coal,” the White House is looking to cut clean energy research by a staggering 72 percent. [Washington Post]
- When things are too partisan for Trey Gowdy... I don’t even know! [Politico]
None. What is going on here?