We are all living out the story of Sisyphus, except in real life, eventually the boulder crushes Sisyphus and Elon Musk flies all the Gods to Mars to rule a new planet.
- Emboldened by Trump, ICE has arrested more than five times as many undocumented immigrants at their workplaces than they did last year, according to a report released by the agency. [HuffPost]
- Stacey Abrams will be running against Trump-endorsed nightmare Brian Kemp in the fall. [New York Times]
- Gun control activist Lucy McBath narrowly defeated businessman Kevin Abel as the Democratic primary candidate for Georgia’s 6th Congressional district. In November, she will face-off Rep. Karen Handel (R-Ga.), who beat Jon Osoff in the district’s recent special election. [HuffPost]
- The White House has stopped releasing summaries of phone calls with foreign leaders, ending a long-time practice of both Democratic and Republican presidents that further limits transparency. It’s not clear when, or if, the administration will begin publishing them again. [CNN]
- Amid reports that Donald Trump is pissed that his wife reportedly watches CNN, Melania’s spokesperson says the First Lady watches “any channel she wants.” They seem so happy together. [CNN]
- Everyone, please be more like Elin Ersson, the Swedish student who protested a man’s deportation by refusing to sit down on her flight. [The Guardian]
- The Los Angeles office of California Rep. Maxine Waters, who has been facing death threats ever since she dared to encourage civil disobedience, was evacuated on Wednesday over an Anthrax scare. [Politico]
- The soccer ball Vladimir Putin handed to Donald Trump moments after Trump insisted, contrary to U.S. intelligence, that Russia did not hack the U.S. election, may contain a chip that can send information to nearby cellphones. Hmm... [Bloomberg]
- Chip or no chip, Donald Trump wants to meet with Putin again “after the Russia witch hunt is over,” according to national security advisor John Bolton, who indicated the meeting would take place in 2019. [New York Times]
- The good samaritan who smashed Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a pickaxe has turned himself in and was charged with felony vandalism. [Los Angeles Times]
- Faith Vander Voort, spokesperson for Interior Minister Ryan Zinke, once argued that Muslims cannot serve as president in the United States because they would “either be a shoddy and inconsistent Muslim or subject to impeachment the moment they took office because Shariah Law and the United States Constitution are not compatible.” [HuffPost]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.