Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m already stocking Diet Dr. Pepper to prepare.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- I am very much looking forward to Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders tag teaming Joe Biden, cage match style:
- A nice double-whammy for Joe Biden—in 1988, he wrote of “welfare mothers driving luxury cars and leading lifestyles that mirror the rich and famous” in pushing for welfare reform, and in more recent news, has been telling a made-up war story about a soldier in Afghanistan while on the campaign trail. [The Daily Beast/Washington Post]
- Great, the Trump administration wants to weaken EPA protections on the release of methane gas in order to save the oil and gas industry a whopping $17 million per year. When your kids are living in bunkers and choking down some dead rats and they ask you why life is so cruel, tell them it was all worth it to save ExxonMobil the cost of a private jet. [New York Times]
- The Trump administration has told immigrant families who had previously been granted permission to stay in the country so they or their loved ones could receive lifesaving medical care that they have 33 days to leave the United States. Those told they must leave include several children who are receiving treatment for cystic fibrosis and cerebral palsy. [NBC News]
- Here’s something about James Comey. [New York Times]
- Here’s something about another guy named James. [The Atlantic]
- Just a fun story about an employee at a school in Texas who threatened a teenager and his mom with deportation. [CBS News]
- Apparently, billionaire Michael Bloomberg is “bewildered by the so-called Me Too movement,” according to a new book. He also “can be cold.” [Page Six]
- I am sorry to inform you that your Ring doorbell is a narc. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.