Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
The Kentucky Derby is everything that is wrong with America!
- Contradicting Attorney General William Barr’s claim that there was not enough evidence to find that Donald Trump committed an obstruction of justice, more than 300 former Democratic and Republican federal prosecutors have signed a statement claiming that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report “would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice.” [Washington Post]
- Democrats are trying to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt for refusing to comply with a subpoena to hand over Robert Mueller’s un-redacted report. [Politico]
- John Hickenlooper is running to save capitalism, got it? [Wall Street Journal]
- Cory Booker wants a national gun licensing program. [New York Times]
- Michael Cohen went to prison today. [NBC News]
- The United States is escalating its warmongering with Iran. [AP]
- Trump nominates new ICE head who, like Trump, wants a border wall. [NPR]
- Humans are responsible for the potential extinction of more than one million plants and animals, according to new United Nations report. [CNN]
- EMILY’s List, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and NARAL Pro-Choice America are among the progressive organizations that have endorsed Marie Newman over the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee-backed candidate Rep. Dan Lipinski, who is anti-abortion and generally sucks. [Talking Points Memo]
- Theresa Kenerly, Mayor of the lily-white town of Hoschton, Georgia, allegedly withheld a job application for a city administrator position because the applicant “is black, and the city isn’t ready for this.” [Atlanta Journal-Constitution]
- A bill to expand criminal record relief for survivors of human trafficking passed the New York State Senate Codes committee. [Decrim NY]
- The Trump administration has been tracking the abortion preferences of pregnant minors in their custody, despite a court order that bars them from interfering with access to procedure. [Vice]
This has been Barf Bag.