Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
- The House Judiciary Committee is planning a long-overdue hearing on the rise of white nationalism. [Daily Beast]
- The Georgia Senate Science and Technology Committee is moving forward with an anti-abortion heartbeat bill, which, if passed, would effectively ban abortions after six weeks. Currently, Georgia allows abortions until 20 weeks. [Atlanta Journal-Constitution]
- Kirsten Gillibrand is officially kicking off her presidential campaign this week. [Politico]
- Former DNC chair Donna Brazile is joining Fox News as a contributor. [Fox News]
- Sens. Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and Kirsten Gillibrand, all 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, are open to expanding the Supreme Court beyond nine justices. [Politico]
- The white men are still doing just fine: Beto O’Rourke raised $6.1 million in one day. [NBC News]
- Activists are calling attention to the deaths of six Ferguson protesters, five of whom were black men in their 20s. [Kansas City Star]
- Iowa Rep. Steve King, a white supremacist who cannot seem to keep his bigotry to himself, reportedly shared a transphobic meme on Facebook. [CNN]
- Will Connolly—the Australian teen who cracked an egg over the head of Islamophobic Australian politician Fraser Anning after his abhorrent response to the New Zealand mosque shooting—is donating the money raised on GoFundMe for his legal defense to the shooting victims. [Daily Beast]
- Donald Trump, meanwhile, remained silent about the massacre, and did not condemn the white supremacist behind the mosque attack. He did, however, go to church on Sunday. [Washington Post]
- Venezuela’s Nicolás Maduro asked his entire Cabinet to resign amid months of political turmoil. [Miami Herald]
- South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg is a Hufflepuff, in case you were wondering. [The Hill]
- Kellyanne Conway and George Conway are still publicly fighting about Donald Trump. [CNN]
This has been Barf Bag.