Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Another day, another hopeful Democrat enters the 2020 race.
- Cory Booker announced he’s running for president on the first day of Black History Month. But is he sexist for choosing to run against the several women who’ve already announced? Kellyanne Conway, bad person, thinks so! It’s going to be a long road to 2020. [CNN, Politico, Politico]
- A wise man, Senator Sherrod Brown, said Democrats need to be appeal to the working class and progressives if the party wants to take back the White House in two years. When is he running? [Des Moines Register]
- President Trump announced that the U.S. will withdraw from a nuclear arms treaty with Russia, which sounds super chill. [NBC News]
- Senator Debbie Stabenow thinks that if Trump decides to veto the forthcoming proposal to fund border security and keep the government open, the Senate will have enough votes to overturn his veto and move forward. [Politico]
- After being arrested on suspicion of domestic violence in November, Michael Avenatti will not be charged with a felony. However, he could still be charged with a misdemeanor, stemming from allegations he dragged and left red marks on Mareli Miniutti. [NBC News]
- The Department of Homeland Security is placing visa sanctions on Ghana because Ghana has not accepted all the people the U.S. is trying to deport to the country. [Quartz]
- Rick Scott is a big baby, and should go home. [Washington Post]