Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Cry time, babe.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- When asked to name their personal hero, five of the 784 men running for president answered “my wife.” It’s incredible that so many of these men married their heroes! Will I ever marry my hero, this woman who didn’t pay rent for six-and-a-half years? Time will tell. [New York Times]
- Will Republicans be able to find 20 horrible women to run for the House of Representatives in 2020? Time will tell. [Reuters]
- Hope Hicks will not spill the beans. She is holding those beans close. [NBC News]
- Here we have Ta-Nehisi Coates cataloguing Mitch McConnell’s racism during a House hearing on reparations. “He was alive for the redlining of Chicago and the looting of black homeowners of some $4 billion,” Coates said. “Victims of their plunder are very much alive today. I am sure they would love a word with the majority leader.” [New York Times]
- Is it possible to hate a tweet more than I hate this tweet? Time will tell:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.