Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m not a mom, but that rocks.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez announced on Friday that everyone on her staff gets three months of paid parental leave when they have a child. “If you see pregnancy or family as a workplace obstacle, you’re contributing to the pay gap,” she tweeted. Hell yeah, happy Mother’s Day! [CNBC]
- How does Trump know my worst nightmare? [Politico]
- The Pentagon capitulates to the president’s racist border talk, supposedly going to send $1.5 billion of funding to build 80 miles of wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. [NBC News]
- Someone’s picking a fight. Wah-wah. [New York Times]
- Kamala Harris reminds everyone to celebrate step-mothers this week, reveals her step-children call her Momala, which is very cute. [Elle]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.