Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Where’s my Buttigieg-themed vagina steamer?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Pete Buttigieg is officially Hollywood’s 2020 candidate of choice. Variety reports that Gwyneth Paltrow is co-hosting a fundraising event on May 9 in support of Buttigieg. In fact Buttigieg will be attending several fundraising events around Los Angeles hosted by miscellaneous monied folks over the next couple of months, including an event at Ryan Murphy’s house. It’s unclear why Buttigieg of all people is Hollywood’s new sweetheart, but there’s a joke about vapidity in here somewhere... [Vanity Fair]
- Senator Kamala Harris supports adding a third gender option on federal identification. [Politico]
- When Congressman Steve King thinks about the sacrifices Jesus made, he’s like: “Same.” [CNN]
- A weak version of a United Nations rape resolution finally passed after it was edited to appease the Trump administration’s cruel stance on abortion. [Guardian]
- The McCains arent’y officially backing Joe Biden, actually. [New York Magazine]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.