Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
This was nice, though.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Republican Sen. Dean Heller was recorded predicting that “Kennedy is going to retire around sometime early summer,” a scenario Heller thinks would help motivate GOP voters to keep him in the Senate. Justice Kennedy, 82, was previously reported to be considering retirement last summer and didn’t, so it’s nowhere near definite that Heller is correct. However, a crucial swing vote, Kennedy’s replacement by a likely ideologue would put Roe v. Wade at risk, along with voting rights, civil rights... yeah, this is bad. [Politico]
- Trump is reportedly “frustrated by all these people telling him what to do” and is no longer super interested in having advisors advise him. Here’s a terrifying quote: “Trump is in command. He’s been in the job more than a year now. He knows how the levers of power work. He doesn’t give a fuck.” [Vanity Fair]
- Can we please stop with this? [Politico]
- Democrats are considering getting rid of superdelegates. [BuzzFeed]
- Guess what! Congressional candidate Stacey Dash is “not here to judge” Nazis. Well, Stacey, America continues to judge the shit out of you. [NYDN]
- Energy executives are more interested in addressing climate change than our current administration. [Axios]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.