Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, the cyborg standing behind Attorney General William Barr during the lackluster Mueller report unveiling, has resigned. His last day is May 11. [Wall Street Journal]
- Trump has lied more than 10,000 times since taking office. [Washington Post]
- The Department of Homeland Security hired a private intelligence firm to gather data on more than 600 protests against the Trump administration’s family separation policy. [The Intercept]
- Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke released a proposal to tackle climate change. [CNN]
- Former Massy Energy CEO and U.S Senate candidate Don Blankenship is suing Donald Trump Jr. for “his role in spreading what President Trump calls “fake news.” [WTAP]
- The firefighters union endorses Joe Biden, who is kicking off his first 2020 campaign rally in Pittsburgh. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is also reportedly gearing up to throw his support behind Biden. [WCBS]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.