Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
The most generous thing I can say about today is that it’s almost over.
- Corey Coleman, a former personnel chief at the Federal Emergency Management Agency, allegedly sexually harassed his staff and hired women in hopes that they might have sex with male staffers, an internal investigation alleges. Coleman’s name was redacted from the report, but FEMA officials confirmed he was the subject of the investigation. [Washington Post]
- Fake Russian soldiers are standing guard at Trump’s Hollywood star. [The Hill]
- A Virginia GOP candidate who campaigned with white supremacists is allegedly a “devotee of Bigfoot erotica,” according to running Democratic candidate Leslie Cockburn. [HuffPost]
- Ultra-conservatives in Congress are threatening to force an impeachment vote against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. [The Hill]
- Philadelphia has stopped giving Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents access to its real-time arrest database. [Associated Press]
- Donald Trump’s tax plan has made rich CEOs even richer. [Politico]
- Here’s another ridiculous Sacha Baron Cohen interview from Who Is America, this time featuring alleged sex offender Roy Moore. [Talking Points Memo]
- The Department of Justice is creating a “religious liberty task force” to protect bigots who use religion to justify denying women contraception and same-sex couples wedding cakes. [The Hill]
- This town in Pennsylvania is populated by neo-Nazis. [Washington Post]
- Rand Paul supports Brett Kavanaugh, in case you were wondering. [Politico]
- The Koch Brothers are the new face of the Resistance (no, they’re not). [CNBC]
- The anti-abortion movement is picking up feminist messaging. [BuzzFeed]
- Two historians at the University of Virgina’s Miller Center, which focuses on public policy, are resigning in protest of the center’s decision to hire former Trump aide Marc Short, who they call “complicit in the erosion of our civic discourse.” [Politico]
This has been Barf Bag.