Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
You know what I’ve been thinking about a lot this week? Hibernation, and how lovely that must be.
- Votes for Democrats Bill Nelson and Andrew Gillum are reportedly within a 0.5 percent margin of their opponents in their respective races, which triggers a recount by Florida law. I am stressed. [Washington Post]
- Democrat Lucy McBath has flipped Georgia’s conservative 6th district. McBath, whose son Jordan Davis was killed by a white gunman, campaigned on gun control.
- In Democratic New Jersey’s 3rd Congressional District, Democrat Andy Kim beat Republican Rep. Tom MacArthur. [Politico]
- Poor Scott Walker lost and he can’t demand a recount because of a law that he signed. [CBS]
- Speaking of Wisconsin, the Republican Assembly Speaker is threatening to take power away from Walker’s challenger, Tony Evers, the governor-elect. [Journal Sentinel]
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been hospitalized after fracturing three ribs from a fall. [CNN]
- Democrats flipped about 250 state seats, while Republicans flipped around 100. [US News]
- Here’s an update on other races across the country, some of which are too close to call. [CBS]
- Trump is reportedly considering Chris Christie as a potential replacement for racist elf Jeff Sessions. [CNN]
- Bernie Sanders doesn’t know what racism is. [Daily Beast]
- Jeff Sessions is trying to squirm his way back to the Senate. [New York Post]
- The White House tweeted a deceptive video of CNN reporter Jim Acosta, accusing him of putting his hands on an intern, and then suspended his White House credentials based on a lie. [Business Insider]
This has been Barf Bag.