Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
My favorite word is “DietDrPepper.”
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Elizabeth Warren’s favorite word, however, is “porch.” She loves porches!
- None of the mass shooting victims hospitalized in El Paso wanted to meet Donald Trump when he visited. [Washington Post]
- Elizabeth Warren called Donald Trump a white supremacist. Sometimes it’s important to state the obvious! She added: “He has given aid and comfort to white supremacists. He’s done the wink and a nod. He has talked about white supremacists as fine people. He’s done everything he can to stir up racial conflict and hatred in this country.” [New York Times]
- Ivanka Trump, after sending out a racist dog-whistle about gun violence in Chicago, is now trying to play nice and plan an “event surrounding workforce development and economic opportunity” in the city. Do you feel empowered yet, Chicago? [Chicago Sun-Times]
- The Trump administration deported Jimmy Aldaoud—a Detroit resident who was born in Greece to an Iraqi family—to Iraq, a country he had never been to. On Tuesday, he died, reportedly after being unable to get insulin to treat his diabetes. [Politico]
- Republicans and centrist Democrats snuck an anti-immigrant amendment into a gun control bill. [The Intercept]
- ICE is targeting homeless shelters now. [New York Daily News]
- We clearly need more DSA members to win city council seats, because this fucking rules. [The Intercept]
- The attorney for a man who attacked a 13-year-old boy for not taking his hat off during the national anthem, fracturing his skull in the process, is making a very compelling argument that he was given permission by none other than President Trump. [Missoulian]
- Tucker Carlson is going on a vacation, though sadly for us not a permanent one. [CNN]
- Today on the campaign trail:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.