Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Snakes! In my face! It’s how I feel! A metaphor…
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Donald Trump says reports that his daughter and senior adviser, Ivanka, may have violated federal law for conducting government business over personal email are fake fuckin’ news, you idiot. “She wasn’t doing anything to hide her emails,” the president told reporters while speaking at the White House. “There was no deleting like Hillary Clinton did… There was no server in the basement like Hillary Clinton had. You were talking about a whole different, you’re talking about fake news.” [The Hill]
- Speaking of Clinton, Trump reportedly told former White House counsel Don McGahn that he wanted to prosecute his electoral opponent along with former FBI director James Comey. [The Hill]
- Trump has reportedly been talking about visiting U.S. military troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, which, if he does, would be his first visits to an active war zone since assuming office. [The Washington Post]
- Other officials in his administration have reportedly been talking about sharing future census information with law enforcement, which is bad. [The Washington Post]
- Army Lt. Gen. said all troops deployed to the U.S.-Mexico border will return home in December. [Politico]
- Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi has requested that there be no audience or media presence at her debate with Democratic runoff challenger Mike Espy. “They have restricted this debate so much that if she bombs, it will be a miracle,” a source said. [The Jackson Free Press]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to……he didn’t tweet anything today what the fuck???!!
This has been Barf Bag.