Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
What did the Barf Bag say to the reader? “Hello. It is me, a-Barf a-Bag.”
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- In Corey Lewandowski and David Bossie’s new book, Trump’s Enemies: How the Deep State is Undermining the Presidency, Trump says if “my name weren’t Trump, if it were John Smith, they would say I’m the greatest president in history and I blow Ronald Reagan away.” [The Hill]
- The president also threatened to cut all General Motors subsidies after learning that the car manufacturer was shuttering five plants and cutting 14,000 jobs. As always, he issued the threat on Twitter using his personal Twitter account. Isn’t that wild, that the president just like…does stuff like that on Twitter? Sometimes I just have to remind myself…… [CNN]
- Speaking of presidents, New York governor Andrew Cuomo will not run for president in 2020. “I am ruling it out,” he said on The Brian Lehrer Show this morning. “I am governor of New York and I have a lot to do.” [CNN]
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders, dumbass, said the information contained within the government report on climate change is “not based on facts.” [The Hill]
- The Government Accountability Office is going to investigate whether three people connected to Trump’s Mar-a-Lago golf club and resort (Marvel Entertainment Chairman Ike Perlmutter, Palm Beach-area doctor Bruce Moskowitz and attorney Marc Sherman) have inappropriately influenced policy at the Department of Veterans Affairs. [CNN]
- There are a bunch of fucked-up T-shirts for sale on Amazon that reference far-right Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet and the violent atrocities committed under him. [ThinkProgress]
- Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi is favored to win today’s runoff election against Democratic challenger Mike Espy. Polls close at 8 p.m. EST. [Vox]
- And finally some good news: The NRA has reportedly lost $55 million in income over the last year. [The Daily Beast]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.