Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Anyone else feel like today was a zillion hours long? Or is that just the news cycle?
- In an exclusive with The Hill, President Trump said, “I don’t have an attorney general.” He added that that is “very sad.” [Politico]
- Senators are peer pressuring Ford into testifying on Monday. Not at all fucked up. [CNBC]
- Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke told a room full of people from the gas and oil industry that the government works for them. Yeah, no shit!
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders is MIA, again. There were only 13 White House press briefings from June to August. For comparison’s sake, there were 35 briefings during the same time period in 2016. [Washington Post]
- There are stark racial contrasts at hand in the post-Hurricane Florence cleanup efforts. [Guardian]
- Shelia Stubbs, a black woman campaigning door-to-door for a state assembly seat in Madison, Wisconsin, had the police called on her by a resident of one of the neighborhoods she was canvassing. You know, typical racist shit. [Buzzfeed News]
- Senator Jeff Flake finally saw Donald Trump Jr.’s gross Instagram post mocking the Kavanaugh sexual assault allegations—days after everyone else. We’ll see if Don Jr. bites back, and we’ll see if Flake’s grandstanding over Ford will actually affect whether or not he votes for Kavanaugh.
This has been Barf Bag.