Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Every week feels longer than the one before.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Donald Trump spoke at the NRA’s annual meeting in Dallas for close to an hour. Hoo boy, the speech covered a wide range of topics, including but not limited to: Kanye West, the midterm elections, immigration reform, Russia, his election, Ted Cruz, and, for like two minutes, guns. He also pantomimed a fatal shooting and stabbing. [CNN]
- The Trump administration has ended the program that granted protected status to thousands of Hondurans living in the United States, effectively upending the lives of tens of thousands of people. They are now faced with a deadline of January 2020 to pick up the lives they’ve built and leave the country. [New York Times]
- Spicy Catholic niche drama here: House Chaplain Father Patrick Conroy has rescinded his resignation, effectively telling Speaker Paul Ryan that if he wants his ass out, he’ll have to fire him. My colleague Katie McDonough’s family is specifically very intersted in this story. [ABC News]
- Governor Kim Reynolds of Iowa just signed into law the most restrictive anti-abortion ban in the country, which prohibits abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected—roughly around 6 weeks. Is this a test to see if Republicans can dismantle Roe v. Wade? Yes. [Politico]
- Barack Obama has endorsed Dianne Feinstein, which has made some people mad. [The Hill]
- Scott Pruitt’s EPA has lost yet another aide. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.