Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Look at that thing! Anyway, it’s Tuesday so let’s cry it out.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Did you know the president of the United States and the man who refuses to get his Nazi problem under control had a meeting? They talked about “the health of the public conversation,” which will always include Nazis apparently. [NBC News]
- At a CNN town hall on Monday night, Bernie Sanders said the hard thing and the right thing about voter enfranchisement. [New York Times]
- Another reminder that the Census is incredibly political and carries profound material consequences for millions of people. [HuffPost]
- Like profound material consequences. [CNN]
- A Washington state senator said that nurses “probably play cards” at work in an effort to beat back a proposal that would give them uninterrupted meal breaks and limit hospitals’ ability to force them into mandatory overtime to make up for staffing shortfalls. She later apologized because it was an incredibly stupid thing to say. I personally love nurses, believe they deserve robust labor protections as well as safe staffing levels, and would never speak an ill word about the people who gave me a morphine drip that one time when I was in the emergency room four years ago. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.