Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Following today’s indictments, the general understanding amongst legal experts seem to be that Bob Mueller is just getting started, baby!!! Meanwhile, the general understanding amongst conservative news outlets seems to be that Hillary Clinton ought to be impeached. In particular, all of Rupert Murdoch’s publications really seem to think that the special prosecutor zeroing in on the president and his associates must be ousted. How odd. [The Atlantic, Politico]
- Relatedly, there are currently a bunch of octopuses walking out of the ocean so... not to worry, my friends, because we’re all gonna frickin’ die. [Newsweek]
- The Virginia governor’s race, which is polling all over the place but generally assumed to be quite close, is getting nasty in the lead-up to election day. [Politico]
- Trump is likely to ditch Janet Yellen for a similar—but male, natch—Fed chairman. [New York Times]
- Bernie Sanders took the train. [New York Times]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.