Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
More like Monday funday, am I right everybody? Haha! No, I am wrong.
- After months of attacks from Trump and his supporters, Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe has abruptly stepped down from his position. The White House denied involvement; the Times reports that according to sources, McCabe felt pressure from bureau head Christopher Wray to leave. [The New York Times]
- In a phone call with McCabe following Comey’s firing, Trump reportedly told McCabe to ask his wife “how it feels to be a loser” in an apparent reference to her failed Democratic bid for the Virginia state legislature in 2015. So it sounds like they were super close. [NBC]
- Melania Trump’s 21 military flights to and from DC and Florida from New York, which she took because she didn’t move into the White House right away like the totally on-board and content wife she is, cost taxpayers a whopping $675,000. [WSJ]
- Low-ish profile Rep. Joe Kennedy III—of the Kennedy Kennedys—will be delivering the Democrats’ official State of the Union response tomorrow. [Politico]
- The Trump White House is trying to bring down legal immigration numbers—wonder where he got that fucked up idea—just as members of Congress from both parties urge a deal that focuses only on Dreamers and border security. [Washington Post]
- Like a flower returning to its home in the soil, (flowers do that, I think—not that I would know since I live in the Big Apple!) Omarosa is headed back to reality TV. [Politico]
- South Africa is literally running out of water. [NBC]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish—actually, here is just one tweet, the greatest ever:
This has been Barf Bag.