Friday, it’s litty.
- The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has implemented a new rule that it hopes will deter primary challenges against incumbent Democrats. The National Journal reports that the DCCC will “neither contract with nor recommend to House candidates any political vendors that work to oust sitting members of Congress.” The DCCC is characterizing this as a move to protect the Democrats’ majority in the House, but it can also act as a preventative measure against prospective candidates making moves to unseat more moderate Democrats. Reps. Ayanna Pressley and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s both beat incumbent Democrats in primary elections, so it looks like the DCCC is betting against the future of the Party. [National Journal]
- Former President Jimmy Carter is officially the longest living U.S. president in history. Please clap for the peanut man. [New York Times]
- President Trump wants France to pay for the wall now. [Vanity Fair]
- In other Trump news, he wouldn’t mind competing against Beto O’Rourke in 2020, but would prefer Biden... perhaps Bernie if he’s feeling spicy. [Politico]
- And speaking of Beto, here he is yelling. Please, someone give him a hot tea. His throat is scratchy!
- Melania Trump’s emoji game is unparalleled:
This has been Barf Bag.