Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Cry time after a long weekend. Will we flood the streets with our tears?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Mike Pence is not anti-gay, according to the White House deputy press secretary, because he had lunch with the prime minister of Ireland, who is gay. If you thought that spending his entire media and political career maligning LGTBQ people and dismantling their rights made Pence a homophobe—well, then you were wrong. [Twitter]
- Speaking of the vice president, he is also not a Trump properties-phobe. In fact, he just loves Trump properties and would have lunch with one any day. [Daily Beast]
- The Trump administration is now reconsidering its decision to end a program that allowed immigrants facing deportation to remain in the country while receiving lifesaving medical treatment. They’re still monsters. [New York Times]
- The story behind lethal gun violence in the United States always starts a long time before an actual shooting occurs. [Los Angeles Times]
- Surprise! [Axios]
- Generally, good things happen when people directly impacted by a problem have a say in how to fix that problem. [HuffPost]
- Eat shit, Joe Manchin. [Axios]
- Stephen Nobel Smith—hello. [The Intercept]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish: