Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
CRIME! CRIME! CRIME?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Donald Trump repaid his lawyer, Michael Cohen, some amount between $100,001 and $250,000 in 2017, according to his financial disclosure form, which was released on Wednesday. The form didn’t say what the payment was for, but remember, if you will, that Cohen paid Stormy Daniels an amount between $100,001 and $250,000 so she wouldn’t talk about her alleged affair with the president. What does this mean? Crime? No crime? Crime? No Crime? Crime Crime Crime? Stay tuned, I guess? [New York Times/Talking Points Memo]
- Speaking of those financial disclosure forms, uh, did you know that Melania Trump made between $100,000 and $1 million in Getty Image royalties? Must be nice! [Twitter via Kaitlan Collins]
- Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson................welcome to the resistance. [NBC News]
- You can finally buy meds from Canada, but only if you live in Vermont. [Politico]
- Unlike the House Intelligence Committee, the Senate Intelligence Committee believes that Russia meddled in the 2016 Presidential election. We, like, know already, guys. [Talking Points Memo/Associated Press]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.