Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
It’s Katie McDonough’s last day at Jezebel and last time editing Barf Bag so nothing matters goodbye!!!
- President Trump likes to think of himself as a man of his word, but I’d like to point out that he said that Conan, the dog who helped take down ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, would be visiting the White House this week. It is the end of the week, and the hero dog has made nary an appearance. This means that either Trump is afraid of the hero dog or that Conan is abstaining from meeting the very bad president. It may very well be a combination of the two. Here’s to keeping the president honest:
- A senior White House official told Congress that President Trump definitely sought quid pro quo regarding Ukraine. [Washington Post]
- And on that note, Former National Security Advisor John “Warstache” Bolton has some tea. [Politico]
- Border Patrol agents are denying asylum to asylum-seekers at staggering rates. [Buzzfeed News]
- A voting site in North Carolina forced a transgender woman to show I.D.[WSOCTV]
- According to a lawsuit, Rep. Jim Jordan shrugged off an incident of sexual misconduct that was reported to him in the ‘90s while he was an assistant coach at Ohio State University. [NBC]
- Jordan has also been tapped by the House Minority Leader to grill witnesses during next week’s impeachment hearings. Busy bad man! [NBC]
- Mike Pence is delusional:
That... is his only tweet so far today. I don’t know either.
This has been Barf Bag.