Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Another day, another empowering photo.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Congresswomen celebrated a new, revised House dress code with bare arms and sleeveless dresses. [Yahoo News]
- Russian-American lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin has confirmed to the AP that he was in the meeting Donald Trump Jr. had with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya in June 2016, saying that Trump was given documents that she believed incriminated the DNC and could help the Trump campaign. [Associated Press]
- To the likely dismay of the DOJ, Washington DC judge has rejected the jury’s conviction of Code Pink protester Desiree Fairooz, who was arrested for laughing during Attorney General Jeff Sessions [The Hill]
- The US. Department of Health and Human Services is cutting off $213.6 million in funding towards teen pregnancy prevention programs, prematurely ending five-year grants awarded to 80 institutions nationwide by the Obama administration. The drastic cut to teen pregnancy prevention shows a shift in priorities of the Office of Adolescent Health, whose head Valerie Huber believes in abstinence-only education. [Reveal]
- Rep. Jim Himes (D-Conn.) introduced the Free Press Act, a bill that would require the White House to offer two on-camera press briefings every week [The Hill]
- A grand jury has indicted two former Congressional staffers for sharing nude photos and videos of a Congresswoman and her husband [The DCist]
- House Science Committee chair Lamar Smith, who has repeatedly harassed climate scientists because he does not believe climate change is real, went on a secret trip to the Arctic to meet with scientists [BuzzFeed]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.