Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Time flies when you’re terrified for democracy.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- As a House of Cards plot unfolds in real life, Congress has been informed that federal agents are now investigating whether the White House attempted to cover-up ties to Russia. Congress received this notice just as the Washington Post reported that investigators were looking at a senior adviser in the White House as a “significant person of interest.” [McClatchy DC]
- Trump apparently has figured out a way to sabotage Obamacare: refuse to pay subsidies to insurers that enable lower premiums for patients. While he hasn’t committed to the idea, he’s been mulling it over against advice from officials who say it will backfire (yeah, it will). [Politico]
- There are nearly 700 vacancies at the CDC due to the Trump administration’s hiring freeze. Good luck fighting Zika, or any other infectious disease. [The Washington Post]
- The Congressional Budget Office will release its review of the Republicans’ healthcare bill on Wednesday—the one that they already passed in the House without the CBO’s input. [CBO]
- The special election for the seat vacated by Utah slime monster Jason Chaffetz will take place on November 7. [The Daily Herald]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.