Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Ok that’s it, no more Blake Farenthold! Not one more blog!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- I’m sorry to do this, but remember Former Texas Rep. Blake Farenthold? Alleged sexual harasser, lover of onesies? Well, after a brief and blessed hiatus, he is back as a lobbyist—congratulations to him and to America. And also, FYI, he will not be repaying taxpayers that $84,000 he used to settle his sexual harassment case. [The Hill, HuffPost]
- Looks like Gina Haspel has the votes. [LA Times]
- North Korea has suspended talks with South Korea and “warned” the United States following a joint military drill conducted by the U.S. and South Korea. The White House was reportedly “caught off guard” by this news, if you can imagine. [CNN]
- Iowa’s attorney general has said he will not defend the country’s most restrictive abortion law, which bans abortions before many people know they’re pregnant, after the ACLU and Planned Parenthood filed a lawsuit. It would take effect July 1. [NBC]
- The president says that Senator Joe Manchin hugs him all the time.
- The Trump administration eliminated an important cybersecurity role in the White House, because that’s all been solved, so, moving on! [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.