Ok that’s it, no more Blake Farenthold! Not one more blog!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- I’m sorry to do this, but remember Former Texas Rep. Blake Farenthold? Alleged sexual harasser, lover of onesies? Well, after a brief and blessed hiatus, he is back as a lobbyist—congratulations to him and to America. And also, FYI, he will not be repaying taxpayers that $84,000 he used to settle his sexual harassment case. [The Hill, HuffPost]
- Looks like Gina Haspel has the votes. [LA Times]
- North Korea has suspended talks with South Korea and “warned” the United States following a joint military drill conducted by the U.S. and South Korea. The White House was reportedly “caught off guard” by this news, if you can imagine. [CNN]
- Iowa’s attorney general has said he will not defend the country’s most restrictive abortion law, which bans abortions before many people know they’re pregnant, after the ACLU and Planned Parenthood filed a lawsuit. It would take effect July 1. [NBC]
- The president says that Senator Joe Manchin hugs him all the time.
- The Trump administration eliminated an important cybersecurity role in the White House, because that’s all been solved, so, moving on! [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.