Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Who knew there were so many different ways to implement an incredibly stupid idea?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Trump is in the enemy state of California and has finally gotten to look at border wall prototypes, which was really fun for our big boy. He was there, as he very eloquently put it, to “pick the right one.” It’s like he gets his very own lego set, except it is huge and real and the box says “white ethno-state”! [NBC]
- In that same vein, the president believes we should have a fleet of spacecraft, presumably for battling aliens: “We should have a new force called the Space Force. It’s like the Army and the Navy, but for space, because we’re spending a lot of money on space.” [Twitter]
- State Department staffers, who have been the subject of several desolate reports on the department’s dismantling over the last year, are reportedly very relieved that Tillerson is gone. [Politico]
- Fun fact: Trump once ordered his Secretary of State to eat a Caesar salad. [WSJ]
- Less than 24 hours after Prime Minister Theresa May announced that the Kremlin was very likely behind a nerve agent attack on Russian former spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, another Russian exile was found dead in his London apartment. Trump expressed “solidarity” with May regarding the attempted murders and has ordered Russia to provide “unambiguous answers.” [Politico]
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s former top aid and confidante was found guilty in a corruption trial. So weird how this keeps happening. [New York Times]
- A school resource officer accidentally discharged his gun in an Alexandria, Virginia school. [NBC]
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.