Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Can you believe the president has only tweeted once today?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- New York City chewed up Beto O’Rourke and spit him back out, baby! A new profile in the New York Times tells of the former Senate candidate and potential 2020 hopeful’s lost years living in New York. He was a student at Columbia before becoming a broke ass bitch just like the rest of us, spending his post-grad years working as a live-in nanny on the Upper West Side, drinking beer, and being A Punk™. He eventually moved to a Williamsburg loft to live with some “creative types” for $130 a month (!!!) and got robbed! Whew! [New York Times]
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi wasn’t buying President Trump’s “commitment to childhood cancer research” schtick at the State of the Union last night. [Politico]
- Well, it looks like Senator Amy Klobuchar is definitely running for president in 2020. At this point, who isn’t? [Twitter/@amyklobuchar]
- The House Intelligence Committee voted to release Russia probe transcripts to Mueller. My mom and her “It’s Mueller Time” mug are probably thrilled. [Axios]
- Senator Elizabeth Warren listed her race as “American Indian” on her Texas bar registration. She’s sorry, again. [CNN]
- Virginia Senator Tim Kaine would like you to know he has never worn blackface, thank you very much!
- A judge threw out a Stormy Daniels’s defamation case against Michael Cohen. [CNN]
- Alice Johnson, who was granted clemency last year, scored a book deal. [AP]
- And here’s a video of New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham literally running through plaster walls as a fuck you to President Trump:
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.