Beto, get bangs.
- In an attempt to remind his supporters of how cool and chill he is, 2020 contender Beto O’Rourke live-streamed his hair cut on Facebook Live. O’Rourke hit up “the best barbershop in El Paso” where a man named Manuel meticulously trimmed O’Rourke’s hair while the former Texas congressman talked policy, the campaign trail, family, his dog Artemis, and his hairy ears. At one point, a man enters shop and says, “You’re the uh, what is it, the guy on TV. The governor? The mayor?” Er, close... enough? [Facebook/Beto O’Rourke]
- Alabama Governor Kay Ivey signed the country’s most restrictive abortion bill into law. It’s called the Alabama Human Life Protection Act, an ironic name considering the state of motherhood and child care in Alabama. This near total-ban on abortion is set to go into effect in six months.
- And Missouri might be next. [AP]
- President Trump is gearing up for another immigration clusterfuck. [Washington Post]
- In today’s edition of weird interactions: Attorney General William Barr asked Nancy Pelosi if she brought handcuffs to arrest him with at a Capital Hill event today. She reportedly replied that the “House Sergeant at Arms was present at the ceremony should an arrest be necessary.” Shots fired? [Business Insider]
- The author of the North Carolina “bathroom bill” is the Republican nominee for a redo election in the state’s 9th Congressional District. [Politico]
- And here’s Elizabeth Warren decimating Comptroller of the Currency, Joseph Otting:
- He’s running?
This has been Barf Bag.