Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Sometimes I run. Sometimes I hide. Sometimes I’m scared of what fresh hell awaits us tomorrow.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- The battle over Bernie Sanders’s future continues in this piece about his potential 2020 White House bid, in which several of Bernie’s colleague say very nice things about him. It is September of 2018; everyone please chill. [The Hill]
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez knows President Trump is lying about how many people died in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria: “My own grandfather died in the aftermath of the storm. Uncounted.” [Twitter/CNN]
- Paul Manafort is close to a plea deal with the special council trying his Ukranian lobbying case. But he’s been close to a plea deal before, and it hasn’t happened, so don’t get your hopes up. [CNN]
- A Republican representative from Louisiana wants to drug test all of Congress every term, is sure to make no friends at work if that’s the case. [Talking Points Memo]
- Tucker Carlson called Michael Avenatti a “creepy porn lawyer” over and over on the chyron of his show; I think he’s just jealous that Avenatti is so hot. [Washington Post]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.