Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
It’s like raaaaiiiiiiin, on your golf vacay.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Trump is on vacation at his golf club—or “working hard from New Jersey,” as he phrased it—but, uh oh, it’s raining! Forecast doesn’t look good! Which, as a few reporters have pointed out, is probably why he’s spending an Xtra Large amount of time on Twitter and calling Sen. Richard Blumenthal, without a hint of irony, a “phony Vietnam con artist.” [Twitter]
- The Trump administration is being shy about the identities of the people running their “deregulation” teams. [New York Times]
- Trump Hotel has become, as the Post puts it, “a kind of White House annex.” [Washington Post]
- Chicago is suing the Justice Dept. over its plan to withhold funding from “sanctuary cities.” [Washington Post]
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is under two separate investigations and suspected, according to a police document, of bribery, fraud, and breach of trust. [New York Times]
- Obama released a statement urging Kenyan leaders to “reject violence and incitement” ahead of the country’s presidential election on Tuesday. [New York Times]
- Say what you will about Chuck Grassley, but he is VERY good at social media!
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.