Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
It’s Tuesday, baby. Time to cry.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Ivanka Trump has another job! This time it’s—spins job wheel—helping to select the next head of the World Bank. Congratulations to Ivanka Trump. [New York Times]
- Former Senator Claire McCaskill also has another job. This time it’s—spins job wheel—political analyst for NBC News and MSNBC. [Adweek]
- Former governor and failed Republican presidential candidate John Kasich also got a spin on the job wheel! It landed on CNN, which is the job wheel whammy. Trombone noise. Despair! [CNN Business]
- Teachers in Los Angeles are still on strike for you and the future of public education. [The Nation]
- You can’t incarcerate your way out of a public health crisis, but Pennsylvania has decided to go ahead and try, anyway. [The Appeal]
- A federal judge has ordered the Trump administration to remove its racist citizenship question from the 2020 Census. [Washington Post]
- But that means the issue is probably going to the Supreme Court and its newly minted conservative majority. Trombone noise again? Despair? [Washington Post]
- Voting laws in New York are slowly becoming less of a national disgrace. I guess we will just have to content ourselves with all the other ways we are still terrible. [Mother Jones]
- A friend of Melania Trump’s was supposed to make a documentary about President Trump’s inauguration but the project was ultimately abandoned because life in incredibly unfair to the wealthy. [New York Times]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.