Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Don’t worry, Acosta is woke now.
- Labor Secretary Alex Acosta took some time out of his busy schedule to host a press conference defending his tenure as the Florida prosecutor who let alleged serial predator Jeffery Epstein off with what amounts to a legal slap on the wrist. When asked if he would make the same shitty deal with Epstein that he did back in 2008, Acosta replied, “Today’s world treats victims very, very differently.” For clarification: 2008 was 11 years ago. It’s safe to say that everything Epstein got away with was just as illegal then as it is now. [CNN]
- The Trump administration is still trying to get that citizenship question on the Census; federal judges are still saying “LOL no.” [Politico]
- Breaking: Trump hates Christmas [HuffPost]
- A federal appeals court dismissed a lawsuit that claimed President Trump illegally profits from all the foreign dignitaries and politicians holed up in his luxury Washington hotel. [Washington Post]
- The House Oversight Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties held a hearing on the poor treatment of children on the U.S.-Mexico border. It was devastating. [C-SPAN]
- Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin had a girls night out with Earth, Wind, and Fire!!! [New York Post]
This has been Barf Bag.