Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Hm, this has been so fun but I would love it if the news could just stop for a sec?
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- After Minnesota Public Radio reported that Sen. Al Franken plans to resign tomorrow, Franken’s office disputed the report. “Not accurate, @mpr @Stowydad,” his office tweeted. “No final decision has been made and the Senator is still talking with his family. Please update your story.” [Talking Points Memo]
- A review of deportations in 2017 by Human Rights Watch found that “many of those removed had long-established lives and deep family connections in the U.S.,” according to the Intercept. “Some lived and worked here for decades. Many are married to American citizens and have American-born children.” [The Intercept, Human Rights Watch]
- Ginni Thomas, the wife of sitting Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, presented an award to James O’Keefe’s pseudo-journalistic propaganda group Project Veritas, which recently tried to trick the Washington Post into running a fake accusation against Roy Moore. [The Hill]
- The House just passed the “Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act,” which would allow concealed carry license holders to do so in other states. [Politico]
- The Republican tax plan is absolutely filled with fuckups. [Politico]
- The Georgia GOP just lost its state Senate supermajority. [The Hill]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.