Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Trump is shaking!!!
- Florida’s Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum is taunting President Trump on Twitter after Trump claimed—without evidence—that ballots have been forged in the Florida gubernatorial race. Gillum retracted his concession to Republican Ron DeSantis after a statewide recount was ordered by the Florida secretary of state.
- Democrat Harley Rouda beat incumbent Dana Rohrabacher in heavily Republican Orange County, California. It was one of the most anticipated House races on the 2018 midterm election cycle. [Politico]
- In other election news, Democrat Krysten Sinema’s lead over Republican Martha McSally in Arizona’s senate race is growing. [Politico]
- Democrats plan to ruin Trump’s life or whatever! [Axios]
- Happy Veteran’s Day: Several veterans haven’t received GI benefits in months. [NBC]
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement recently reported to Congress that its “average daily population in detention had reached 44,631 people.” An all-time high and an all-time low. [The Daily Beast]
- Here’s a fun throwback to a Michelle Obama interview from 10 years ago:
- Additionally on the Michelle front, here she is discussing her doubts about Obama becoming the first black president:
G/O Media may get a commission
- Trump is afraid of the rain. [Raw Story]
- Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke is very upset about the accurate news stories about his grifting and incompetence. [The Hill]
- Aubrey O’Day, who allegedly once had an affair with Donald Trump Jr., does not like the Trumps!
- Beto O’Rourke made a steak.
This has been Barf Bag.