Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Back where I started!
- Ben Carson had a classic Ben Carson moment when he thought Representative Katie Porter (D-CA) was asking him about Oreos (the cookie) instead of REOs. Oreos are pretty good; REOs are not. [Twitter]
- Carson later enjoyed some Oreos. [Also Twitter]
- In other news about the very competent men of the Trump administration, former White House counsel Don McGahn was a no-show for a House Judiciary Committee hearing. [Associated Press]
- Since we’re on the topic of men, Ken Cuccinelli will reportedly join the Department of Homeland Security as a “top” official where he will carry the Trump administration’s immigration policies. [CNN]
- Merrick Garland is probably laughing right now. [Vanity Fair]
- Nancy Pelosi is still a “no” on impeachment. [Politico]
- Remember Hope Hicks? She’s been subpoenaed. [Axios]
- The Tennessee House Speaker will likely resign after “racist and lewd” text messages between him and his chief of staff were leaked to the press. [Nashville Public Radio]
- A Michigan anti-abortion group is trying to get a “heartbeat” bill either in front of the state legislature or on the ballot, bypassing Governor Gretchen Whitmer who has promised to veto any fetal heartbeat legislation. [Detroit Free Press]
- Yet another Game of Thrones take. [Twitter]
This has been Barf Bag.