Sometimes it feels like the internet is one massive, horrible reply all thread and Don Jr. is the asshole who keeps responding with lame memes.
- Federal Judge Dana Sabraw has temporarily halted the deportation of families the Trump administration separated and then reunited. Sabraw suspended deportations for one week, siding with the ACLU, which argued that the decision “cannot be made until parents not only have had time to fully discuss the ramifications with their children, but also to hear from the child’s advocate or counsel, who can explain to the parent the likelihood of the child ultimately prevailing in his or her own asylum case if left behind in the U.S. (as well as where the child is likely to end up living).” [Associated Press]
- The heartbreaking story of one migrant mother’s quest to reunite with her baby, three months after they were separated at the border. [ProPublica]
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has launched an investigation into the real estate firm run by Jared Kushner’s family after the Associated Press reported that Kushner Companies has been harassing tenants of rent-stabilized apartments in order to push them out. [CNN]
- If, for some reason, you want to watch Piers Morgan interview Donald Trump, you can do so on Good Morning Britain. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- A Russian gun rights activist with ties to Russian officials has been charged in the U.S. for allegedly conspiring to work as a Russian agent. [Washington Post]
- Daniel Pantaleo, the New York City cop who put Eric Garner into a lethal chokehold in Staten Island four years ago, will finally face a disciplinary hearing. “The NYPD has come to the conclusion that given the extraordinary passage of time since the incident without a final decision on the U.S. DOJ’s criminal investigation, any further delay in moving ahead with our own disciplinary proceedings can no longer be justified,” the NYPD’s top lawyer wrote to the Justice Department. [NBC News]
- The Department of Health and Human Services has promoted another anti-abortion extremist: Heidi Stirrup, who has called abortion “intrinsically evil,” was promoted to Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy at the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) on Friday. [Politico]
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez continues to bring the fire. “When you hear ‘She won just for demographic reasons,’ or low turnout, or that I won because of all the white ‘Bernie bros’ in Astoria—maybe that all helped,” she told the New Yorker, “But I smoked this race. I didn’t edge anybody out. I dominated. And I am going to own that.” Hell yeah. [New Yorker]
- Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has spent over $1.2 million in legal fees so far. [Buzzfeed]
- And raised $33 million. [Politico]
- Who cares about 2016's National Arts Award Medalists? Not Trump. [New York Times]
- Republican leaders are contemplating bringing legislation to abolish ICE onto the floor to see which Democrats would support what the GOP regards as an extreme measure. [The Hill]
- Dummy Republicans duped by Sacha Baron Cohen endorse arming kindergarteners. [Al Jazeera America]
- Some people in Portland think that white Buddhists are the original ICE protesters...not the immigrants and activists who have been demanding it for more than a decade. [Oregon Live]
This has been Barf Bag.