The news cycle seems to have moved on from Scott Pruitt, but, you know, here he still is! Doing terrible things!
- The Government Accountability Office, a federal watchdog, released a report that said the EPA broke the law by failing to inform Congress that they were building a $43,000 secure phone booth for administrator Scott Priutt. How quaint—the law! [Politico]
- The full transcript of Comey’s interview with George Stephanopoulos is lo-o-o-ng, so if you’d like an annotated transcript, here you are. [New York Times]
- Speaking of which, Page Six, my favorite website, has a huge scoop on George Stephanopoulos and the scoop is that he fucks. [Page Six]
- The Interior Department would like to encourage you to kill as many birds as you’d like. Go wild! They certainly do not care! [Washington Post]
- Until relatively recently, women senators were barred from using the pool in the congressional gym because male senators wanted to swim naked. This ridiculous policy is no longer in place, but I will live with these images forever, thanks so much. [Twitter / New York Times]
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin has walked back his suggestion that the teacher’s strikes there left children vulnerable to sexual assault and poisoning. Specifically, he said “I guarantee you somewhere in Kentucky today a child was sexually assaulted that was left at home because there was nobody there to watch them.” In fact, you misinterpreted him—he did not mean that. Please apologize. [CNN]
- This is correct!!!!!! [Twitter]
This has been Barf Bag.