Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
I’m starting to get the sense that this person might not be such a great guy!
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- A sixth woman has come forward alleging that in 1991, Alabama Senate candidate and accused child molester Roy Moore groped her when she was attending a child custody meeting in his law office. Tina Johnson, who was 28 at the time, alleged that Moore kept commenting on her looks and eventually grabbed her buttocks. “He didn’t pinch it; he grabbed it,” she said. Meanwhile, Kelly Harrison Thorp alleged that in 1982, when she was a 17-year-old waitress at the Red Lobster, Moore asked her out. “I just kind of said, ‘Do you know how old I am?’” she told Al.com. “And he said, ‘Yeah. I go out with girls your age all the time.’” [Al.com]
- “There’s a special place in hell for people who prey on children,” Ivanka Trump said on Wednesday. “ “I’ve yet to see a valid explanation [from Moore] and I have no reason to doubt the victims’ accounts.” She did not, however, urge Moore to exit the race. [AP]
- Republican Sen. Ron Johnson is the first Senator to come out against the Senate tax plan, saying that the bill disproportionately benefits corporations over other businesses. [Washington Post]
- Benghazi Boi, also known as Rep. Trey Gowdy, has done something rather surprising and not supported certain other Republicans’ wild demands for a special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton. “I don’t think the threshold has been met for an appointment of special counsel,” he said on Fox News. [Talking Points Memo]
- And here’s our president drinking from a water bottle, a task he completes with tremendous ease and normalcy. [Twitter]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.