Shame has left the building, folks!
- Attorney General William Barr booked Trump’s D.C. hotel for an annual holiday party, which the Washington Post reports will host approximately 200 people and drum up more than $30,000 in revenue. An official at the Department of Justice insists that Barr is not being a shameless brownnoser and that everything is ethically sound. Yeah. Okay. [Washington Post]
- Brazil’s president Jair Bolsanaro has rejected $20 million of G-7 funds to help fight the Amazon fires, calling the offer “imperialistic.” [TIME]
- And President Trump’s reaction can be summed up as, “Haha yeah that’s real. Do you, bro.” [Politico]
- A federal judge blocked a Missouri law banning abortions after eight weeks. [CNN]
- The Alabama Republican Party is trying to get Congresswoman Ilhan Omar expelled from Congress, which is almost too bonkers to even take seriously. [The Hill]
- And because it is August, Andrew Yang versus Bernie Sanders, anyone?
This has been Barf Bag.