Barf BagWelcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Cry time—now on Thursdays, too.
- Lincoln Chafee, who I’m pretty sure is a 66-year-old man and also this nervous 4-year-old I babysat when I was in college, is “open” to running for president as a Libertarian. Reached for comment, former Jezebel senior writer Ellie Shechet said: “I am trembling with feelings of hope and renewal.” [Daily Beast]
- Joe Walsh to challenge the president to a dickhead-off. [Politico]
- Bernie Sanders released an ambitious climate package. [New York Times]
- John Hickenlooper wants to take his bad politics to the Senate now (and released a very embarrassing campaign ad to mark the occasion). [Denver Post]
- The Obamas have completed the real estate life cycle of the very wealthy and bought a compound on Martha’s Vineyard. [New York Post]
- Jay Inslee, who could totally get it and also ran a campaign that treated the climate crisis with the urgency it demands, has dropped out of the Democratic primary. But he still could, as I said before, totally get it. [NBC News]
- Really could:
This has been Barf Bag.
G/O Media may get a commission