- Over 7,000 Catholic nuns signed a letter, hand-delivered by sisters to several Republican lawmakers on Monday, urging them to “cast a life-affirming ‘no’ vote” on the mystery health care legislation Mitch McConnell is pushing forward in the Senate, calling it “the most harmful legislation to American families in our lifetime” and questioning the GOP’s “pro-life stance.” The letter, organized by Catholic social justice org NETWORK, asserts that “The passage of this bill would cause far more suffering than we could possibly attend to through charity. For this reason we are speaking out.” [HuffPost]
- I can’t exactly put into words why this is so frightening, but here’s a bunch of White House interns giggling as Trump theatrically rolls his eyes after being asked whether he’ll fire Jeff Sessions. [The Hill]
- A federal judge allowed the data request from Trump’s “voter fraud commission” to move forward. [Washington Post]
- Kid Rock may indeed run for Senate, because—I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again—the aliens running our simulation are clearly doing more or less the same kind of thing I used to do when I got bored playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. (If you must know: I would make a terrible rollercoaster and then pack all the sick customers into a tiny concrete prison and watch them puke on each other.) [The Hill]
- Trump’s nominee to lead the Justice Dept.’s criminal division used to represent one of Russia’s largest banks. [New York Times]
- Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have an eyebrow emergency. [Twitter]
This has been Barf Bag.