Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- After coming out against the “alt-left” in a hateful, horrifying speech that would make his Klansman father proud, Trump took a moment to promote Trump Wineries, with which he is technically unaffiliated. Cheers! [Mother Jones]
- You guys, Jared and Ivanka are trying their best to get dad to stop being a Nazi, can you just appreciate that? [Twitter]
- Earlier today, the president retweeted and then un-retweeted an image of a “Trump train” hitting a CNN reporter. [Washington Post]
- The Manufacturing Council resignations keep coming. [New York Times, The Hill]
- The Fayette Urban County Council in Lexington, Kentucky unanimously voted to move forward with a proposal to move a pair of Confederate statues; a retaliatory “rally” is already being planned. [Lexington Herald-Leader, Lexington Herald-Leader]
- Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, who is Mitch McConnell’s wife, says in response to tension between the president and the Majority Leader: “I stand by my man—both of them.” What? Ew? [The Hill]
- Wanna barf? [New Yorker]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
This has been Barf Bag.